Last modified: September 18 2017
This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you register with, access, or use the Site.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in the Site and, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Site.
This policy does not apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any third party apps or websites, including websites you may access through the Site.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Those third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental or legal guardian consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Monica Pantoja at email@example.com
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of the Site:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Site.
3. Information You Provide to Us
When you access or use the Site, we may ask you provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and other personally identifiable information (“personal information”). We may also ask you for information that is about you but individually does not identify you.
Other information that you may provide to us from time to time includes the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Site, subscribing to the Site, posting material, and requesting further Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us, including when you report a problem with the Site.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Information you provide to be posted, published or displayed on public areas of websites you access through the Site. Your user contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk.
- All other information that you submit to or via the Site
4. Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Site, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Site, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Site.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device (mobile, computer or otherwise) and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
5. Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device or hard drive. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone or internet browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
6. Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Site or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers; analytics companies; your mobile device manufacturer; your mobile service provider; and other information.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Site. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
7. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Site and its contents, and any other information, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your application.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when Site updates are available, and of changes to any services we offer or provide though it.
- Analyze and improve the Site.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up the Site.
- Recognize you when you use the Site.
8. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our Site and services and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website or Site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of nsoro, our customers or others.
9. Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can adjust the Site settings to choose whether or not to allow the Site to share information about your device location with other users linked to your account. The Site will still collect the location information, but will not share it with other users connected to your account during that time. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website, https://www.networkadvertising.org/.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 may permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to Monica Pantoja at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
13. Contact Information