We understand that your financial and philanthropic goals are unique to you. For this reason, we provide a variety of ways for patrons to give at any level. We would be happy to assist as you develop your or your clients’ philanthropic objectives, and we encourage prospective donors to consult with their professional advisors before making giving decisions.
Please feel free to contact us directly for information or assistance confidentially.
Stock Held in a Brokerage Account:
Option 1: Electronic Transfer
Instruct your broker to transfer shares electronically to the nsoro Foundation. Our brokerage account is with Wilmington Trust.
After instructing your broker to make the transfer, please e-mail Monica Pantoja, Executive Director, at email@example.com so she can match your name with your gift when it arrives. You can also call at 404-524-0807, ext. 402.
Please note that it typically takes two or three business days to complete an electronic stock transfer.
Stock gifts by electronic transfer are credited to the donor the date the shares are received in the nsoro Foundation brokerage account. The gift amount is the average market value on that day.
You may need the following information for the electronic transfer of a stock gift:
Wilmington Trust Account Name: The nsoro Foundation
Account Number: 097181-000
Participant Number: 990
Account Representative: Diff Ritchie
nsoro Foundation Tax ID: 87-0758361
Option 2: Transfer by Letter
- Inform your broker of the type and number of shares by letter.
- Send a copy of your letter to the following address: Wilmington Trust, 3280 Peachtree RD NE, Terminus 27thFloor, Atlanta, GA 30305, Attn: Diff Ritchie.
- We will handle the stock transfer directly with your broker.
Stock Certificates in Your Possession:
- Write a brief letter of instruction that includes your name, names of stock(s) and the number of shares you are giving.
- If you have a certificate for more shares than you wish to give, please include your social security number and specific written instructions as to how many shares you are giving and how many should be returned to you. It generally takes four to six weeks for a new stock certificate to be issued in your name.
- Sign a stock power form. You can obtain a stock power form from your broker or from the office of development. Only your signature is required on the form.
- Mail the unsigned stock certificate(s) and letter of instruction in one envelope and the signed stock power form in a separate envelope to the office of development at the address below. · E-mail Monica Pantoja, executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 404-524-0807 to let her know the gift is in progress.
- Your gift date is the postmark date of the later envelope. Your gift amount is the average market value on that day.
IRA Charitable Rollover:
If you are 70 ½ years old or older, your IRA administrator can transfer a gift from your Individual Retirement Account directly to the nsoro Foundation. Charitable IRA rollovers may be used as outright gifts or pledge payments. Please consult your financial adviser about tax advantages this type of giving may provide.